> ALLIED ARTS GUILD
CLIENT: Allied Arts Guild Auxilary, www.alliedartsguild.org
LOCATION: Arbor Drive, Menlo Park, California
SIZE: 21,000 Square Feet
The Allied Arts Guild in Menlo Park is a collection of Spanish-style buildings designed by the locally prominent architect, Pedro de Lemos. Built in 1929, the buildings had fallen into a state of decay and disrepair, forcing the closing of this important regional destination. After a massive renovation undertaken by CAW, the Guild today is a thriving collection of small artisan shops, a restaurant, and conference spaces. The non-profit Allied Arts Guild Auxilary manages the Allied Arts Guild, and proceeds from the Guild are donated to the Lucile Packard Children's Hospital at Stanford.
CAW worked closely with the client and contractor to establish the budget parameters of the project. The entire renovation was completed in ten months and was brought in on budget despite the many challenges presented in the field. Today the gardens flourish and tour buses bring crowds of visitors to the Guild year round.
HOW CAW DID THIS